Lay Your Foundation. And Love It.

Friday, May 30, 2014



16 years ago I became a mother for the first time.
My heart grew 10 times that day.
I was forever a changed person.
And I had no idea that the amazing challenge of having and raising a baby could bring so much joy...

I believe that becoming a mother is a "refiners fire" for women.  We are pushed and stretched in every way possible -- mentally, physically, emotionally, and especially spiritually.  Children have a way of forcing us to decide what we really believe and what we really want to contribute to the world.

We have the opportunity as mothers to teach, mold and love these littles into helping them reach their greatest potential, and they rely us on us for strength, guidance and council.  They look to us for reassurance and understanding of their complex world.  Our reward comes over time as we begin to see that our children have greater faith and strength than we ever imagined!  We see them develop their own divine potential inspite of our imperfections as mothers and finding joy in that process is the greatest blessing we can give ourselves!

And I just have to say that my 16 year old daughter is beautiful in every way, she's my friend and she inspires me with her goodness and joy...and I love her like crazy!

xo
Annie

No comments :

Post a Comment