A Christmas Gift I didnt know I needed

Monday, January 13, 2014


One of my favorite gifts this year was from my sweet husband who, "thought I might like to read this...".  I love it when I get gifts that I never realized I needed...until I open them up to see whats inside!

I actually love to learn.  I love to read, and not so much fiction, but I love to learn new things when I read.  So, when I began "Increase in Learning" by David A. Bednar, I was immediately touched by his message.  I recognized immediately that the messages contained in his book were answers to questions I had been praying for, not only a few weeks earlier...

I wanted to share a quick thought from his book that I loved:

"There are things to act and things to be acted upon...endowed with agency we are AGENTS, and we primarily are to act and not simply to be acted upon--especially to obtain and apply spiritual knowledge."

We have, not only the ability, but the responsibility to be agents for ourselves.  We must be proactive in obtaining and applying our spiritual knowledge regularly.  Which means, we have to consciously be seeking out regular opportunities to learn spiritual things, and then decided how we can use them in our lives.  Otherwise we will be acted upon, which means life will happen to us--instead of the other way around!

So, I hope your will find yourself this year taking the initiative to grow and develop yourself in every aspect of your life.  One of my 2014 goals is to ACT, instead of being acted upon....Join Me!

xo
Annie

No comments :

Post a Comment