Lay your foundation. And love it.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013











A solid concrete foundation is critical to any building.
A perfectly colored foundation is essential to every woman's face.
A VERSIE slip foundation will forever change to way you dress.
A sure foundation in Christ is vital to every wise woman.

Let me explain.  I completely believe in the importance of all four foundations.  First, I have been a part of many home building projects, and know that the concrete footings and foundations are of critical importance to making a home safe, sound and secure.

Second, this ones pretty simple, ladies.  Make-up foundation smooths out coloration in the skin, fills the gaps and sets the ground work for gorgeous skin and a more beautiful face--essential to every woman's makeup bag.

Third, a VERSIE slip foundation will forever change the way you dress.  The struggle with layering shirts under a dress or skirt.  Fighting with your slip to stay in place.  All the layers....need  I go on?  A VERSIE slip is a shirt on top with a slip attached at the waist.  It's meant to show on top and be hidden on the bottom.  That's it.  Simple.  You just put it on and you've got it all.  Coverage on top and coverage on the bottom.  Finally, a slip that makes sense.

Lastly, and most important, a sure foundation in Christ, really is vital.   There was a time in my life when I had been caught up in, as the saying goes, "the thick of thin things".  I didn't entirely realize it until changes in my life lead me to do some soul searching.  I was desperate to find much needed answers.  While reading in the scriptures one day about the foolish man and the wise man--a story and song I have known, well, my entire life--hit me like a ton of bricks.  This time, I understood those verses to mean that I was that foolish wo-man.  And that I had been building my house on a sandy foundation.  I began to realize that I was putting superficial things in front of vital and essential things, and that I needed to make some changes.

What I love about this experience for me, was that I was being taught, and because I am a visual learner, the Lord knew how to show me a way to change.  He was helping me understand that I needed to take time to rebuild, but first, I needed to lay a foundation of rock, not sand.  How lucky was I to get that chance?  I began to study and read and pray and practice following promptings.  And then study and read and pray and practice some more.  And again.  And again.  And again.

So through all this, I didn't actually feel like I had arrived at any certain place, except that now, I have come to firmly believe that I want nothing more than to do the will of my Heavenly Father, even when it's hard.  Did I mention, even when it's hard?  Cause it's been really hard--in ways I never imagined.  So, I continue to repent and learn and tell myself, "Lay your foundation.  And Love it."

I hope you will too....

xo







No comments :

Post a Comment