Decisions. Decisions.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Elaine Dalton

You know how you make decisions about a lot of things every day.  When to get up, what to wear, what to do with your hair, what needs to get done, etc.  Sometimes it's just easy.  I know exactly what I'm doing and I've got things figured out...

Sometimes it goes a bit deeper.  What are the things in my life I've really decided?  Well, that goes more like... Have I committed to a daily ritual, of sorts?  Exercise, eating healthy, learning, studying, preparing, planning, etc.  These rituals become habits, and typically (if you are anything like me) get thrown off here and there.  I get distracted easily and like to change things up a bit, sometimes I lose sight of these tasks.  But, over time, things always seem to circle back...

And then there's the stuff I've really, really decided.  The things I've already decided.  My values.  My role as a Woman and Mother.  The people I want to surround myself and let influence me.  Who I truly want to be... and especially, Whose I want to be.  Sometimes, even as an adult, we forget.  We forget that since we think we've already decided, that we don't need to take inventory.  We get lost in all the stuff constantly bombarding us.  We start valuing things of really no value.  We get lost in all the noise of music, magazines, t.v., pinterest--and we think we are still on the right track.  We lose our focus.  And then, when we take a moment (or sometimes five), we look around and realize we have veered a bit, not a ton, but enough...

So, this is for me and all those who need that little reminder, of the things we've already decided--and maybe need to re-decide, once again.


What side of the line will you be on?  Take a moment, evaluate and decide.

xo

No comments :

Post a Comment